Covid-19 Information - 12th April
Following the easing of government restrictions, The Mall Wood Green fully reopened on Monday 12th April for essential and non-essential retail, as well as outdoor dining, takeaway and delivery. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the centre.
Here, you'll find everything you need to know to shop safely with us this year.
We continue to place the utmost importance on the health and safety of our guests, customers and employees, following government advice to provide a safe environment.
Access to the centre is closely monitored using footfall counters, with visitor capacity carefully controlled to maintain social distancing. If the density of shoppers rises to levels that may prevent social distancing, access to the centre will be reduced or temporarily stopped until numbers reduce.
We want everyone in our centres to feel as safe as possible so please adhere to the government guidance to help prevent the transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Remember: Hands, Face, Space.
- Do not enter the centre if you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms
- Face coverings must be worn unless exempt
- Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from all other members of the public
- Strictly observe the stores’ social distancing measures as instructed by their staff
- Please respect and follow the instructions outlined by our retail stores and centre security team
If you haven’t already, please download the NHS Covid-19 app. It's the fastest way of knowing when you're at risk from coronavirus (COVID-19).
Watch our guidelines video:
We advise visiting at quieter hours in the morning and evening to avoid queues. We operate a traffic light system and the current status will be shown on our Twitter account @MallWoodGreen
- Green - No queues, a good time to shop.
- Amber - Reaching shopper capacity - be prepared to queue to enter to the centre.
- Red - Capacity has been reached - queue for entry
All our non-essential retail stores are now open – see our full list of stores here.
Open for Takeaway/Delivery
· Awesome Chips
· Burger King
· Charlie's Bakery
· Costa Coffee
· Eliza's Kitchen
· Five Guys
· Fully Loaded
· Kervan Restaurant
· Mauritius Paradise
· Moo Dog
· Pret a Manger
· Yummy Cup Corn
Open for Outdoor Dining
· Café Villa De Fiori
· Charlie's Bakery
· Kervan Restaurant
· Pret a Manger
Not yet open for business:
· Cineworld (due to reopen 17th May pending government confirmation)
· DJ's Burger Bar and Grill (due to reopen 17th May pending government confirmation)
· JRC Global Buffet (due to reopen 17th May pending government confirmation)
· Perfect Carpets
- What will be the opening hours?
Opening hours are 9am-7pm Monday to Saturday and 11am-5pm on Sunday. Some stores are offering extended opening hours including Primark, New Look and TK Maxx, please check directly with the store you are visiting for more details before you travel.
- Do you have provisions in place for vulnerable people?
If you are in a vulnerable/at risk group we encourage you to check how busy the centre is ahead of your visit. For this information, please check our Twitter or contact us on 02088886667. If a queuing system is in operation, please make yourself known to the member of staff at the door and they will happily assist you. If you are visiting a specific store, please contact them directly to check their policy.
- Do I have to wear a mask or face covering to visit your centre?
It is mandatory for all visitors to The Mall Wood Green (aged 11 or over) to wear a face covering, unless medically exempt. If you have any concerns, please speak to a member of centre staff.
- How will you manage social distancing?
We ask everyone who visits our centre to follow official guidelines, the instructions provided by our teams as well as the safety information that is widely visible and available. Our teams are familiar with the guidance and will be reminding people to keep a safe distance.
- What precautionary measures have you taken to ensure the centre is safe and clean?
We are doing everything we can to make sure our centre is a safe place to visit and work. We have social distancing measures throughout the centre, including our entrances, malls, toilets, facilities and services. Other measures include:
- Enhanced deep cleaning, sanitising stations at key locations
- Arrows and signage in common areas to encourage directional flow as well as providing distancing reminders
- Limiting numbers of people in toilet facilities, escalators and lifts at any one time and enhanced cleaning
- Removal of most public seating to discourage congregation and close contact
- All our occupiers are expected to comply with government guidance and to have a social distancing policy in place for staff as well as adequate and clear instructions for shoppers. Our general managers will be on hand to help and advise.
- If the centre has reached capacity and is restricting access to the centre:
- What happens when the centre reaches capacity?
Access to the centre will be stopped temporarily to stop the number of shoppers reaching levels that may prevent social distancing. A queuing system will then be implemented by our teams to manage numbers of shoppers inside to regulate footfall and ensure that social distancing is optimised.
- How do staff that work in shops get in to go to work?
We ask anyone that works in the shopping centre to make themselves known to the Mall staff member at the doors and show their uniform, work ID or payslip to be allowed access.
- If I have an appointment at the NHS clinics/opticians can I get in ahead of the queue?
Please make yourself known to the Mall staff member at the front of the queue who will assist you.
- Will you stop cars from entering the car park?
No, but you may be asked to wait at the entrance to the shopping centre or inside your car if that is safer, until we can allow access again.
- I am in a vulnerable / at risk group - do I get priority access?
If you are in a vulnerable/at risk group, we encourage you to check how busy The Mall is ahead of your visit. For information, please check our Twitter or contact us on 02088886667
The Mall is open to all guests, however access will be restricted if capacity is reached – if this is the case and you are in a vulnerable/at risk group, please make yourself known to the member of The Mall team at the door. If you are visiting a specific store, please contact them directly to check their policy.
- How are you keeping the public updated on any changes to how they use your centre?
Our latest measures, as well as information on accessibility and advice on visiting during non-peak times, will be available on centre website and via social media channels.
- Have Capital & Regional staff been specially trained to manage this new way of shopping?
Yes, all staff have been through specific guidance/training to carry out their duties in the new way of working.
- What additional measures have you taken to make sure it is safe to shop in the centre?
During this difficult time, we are placing the utmost importance on the health and safety of our guests, customers, and employees and have implemented a number of preventative measures throughout the centre since the outbreak of COVID-19. These include escalating the intensity and frequency of our cleaning procedures, providing instructional signage, deploying additional hand sanitisers and encouraging all our visitors and staff to practice good hygiene with regular hand washing. We remain diligent in our approach to the virus and are maintaining an ongoing dialogue with the local health authority as the situation evolves, while adhering to the latest official advice being provided.
- Will you be temperature checking guests and staff?
Checking the temperature of guests and staff is not part of the government guidelines which means we won’t be carrying out temperature checks on entry.
- Will there be a limit to how long I can spend in the centre?
No limits will be applied to the amount of time you are able to spend in the centre.
- Will there be any changes to the lifts?
Lifts are in operation but subject to social distancing guidelines. We encourage single occupancy or household occupancy per lift. When you are considering using the lift, please prioritise space for pushchairs and disabled access.
- Will the toilets and baby change and feeding facilities be open?
All toilet facilities will be open with social distancing measures in place. Signage will advise maximum occupancy for each facility.
- Will there be seating in The Mall? I can't stand for long periods, what support is available to me in the centre and in the queue?
To enable social distance and prevent the spread of coronavirus, our seating has been temporarily removed. If there is a medical emergency or a guest is struggling, we will assist however we can.
- Is the Guest Lounge open?
Yes, our Guest Lounge is open, and we are happy to help with any questions you might have.
- How do I know if every store is safe to visit?
The Mall Management team are working closely with all stores to ensure they are COVID Secure.
- Is cash being accepted at stores or will it be card payment only?
Please check with our individual retailers, however we expect many shops to accept card payment only and you should be prepared to pay by card.
- Do I have to queue for each store?
Due to restrictions in capacity within the stores, queuing at busy times is a possibility. Please be patient while the staff serve customers to the best of their ability.
- How can I pay for parking?
There are three options: