Frequently Asked Questions
- What will be the opening hours? Will you have extended hours on a Sunday?
Our centres have remained partially open throughout this period, although the opening hours for each centre may be slightly different to before. Please visit the individual centre websites to find out their opening hours. We currently have no plans to change our opening hours on Sunday but will closely monitor any changes approved by the government.
- Do you have provisions in place for vulnerable people?
If you are in a vulnerable/at risk group we encourage you to check how busy the centre is ahead of your visit. For this information, please follow us on our Facebook and Twitter pages or contact us on 02088886667. When the queuing system is in operation, please make yourself known to the member of the team at the door and they will happily assist you. If you are visiting a specific store, please contact them directly to check their policy.
- How many shops will be open?
Each brand is different, so we advise all visitors to check the website before visiting the centre. A current list of the stores that are open can be found on https://www.themall.co.uk/wood-green/whats-hot/2020/open-stores/
- Do I have to wear a mask / face covering to visit your centre?
From Friday 24th July, it will be mandatory for all visitors to the Mall Wood Green aged 11 or over, to wear a face covering, unless you are exempt and have a legitimate reason not to do so. If you have any concerns please speak to a member of centre staff.
- How will you manage social distancing?
We will be asking everyone who visits our centres to follow official guidelines, the instructions provided by our teams as well as the safety information that will be widely visible and available. Our teams are familiar with the guidance and will be reminding people to keep a safe distance.
- What precautionary measures have you taken to ensure the centre is safe and clean?
We are doing everything we can to make sure our centres are safe places to visit and work. We have social distancing measures throughout the centres, including our entrances, malls, toilets, facilities and services. Other measures include:
- Enhanced deep cleaning, sanitising stations at key locations
- Arrows and signage in common areas to encourage directional flow as well as providing distancing reminders.
- Limiting numbers of people in toilet facilities, escalators and lifts at any one time and enhanced cleaning
- Removal of most public seating to discourage congregation and close contact
- All our occupiers are expected to comply with government guidance and to have a social distancing policy in place for staff as well as adequate and clear instructions for shoppers. Our general managers will be on hand to help and advise.
- If the centre has reached capacity and is restricting access to the centre:
- What happens when the centre reaches capacity?
Access to the centre will be stopped temporarily to stop the number of shoppers reaching levels that may prevent social distancing. A queuing system will then be implemented by our teams to manage number of shoppers inside to regulate footfall and ensure that social distancing is optimised.
- How do staff that work in shops get in to go to work?
We ask anyone that works in the shopping centre to make themselves known to the Mall staff member at the doors and show their uniform, work ID or payslip to be allowed access.
- If I have an appointment at the NHS clinics/opticians can I get in ahead of the queue?
Please make yourself known to the Mall staff member at the front of the queue who will assist you.
- Will you stop cars from entering the car park?
No, but you may be asked to wait at the entrance to the shopping centre or inside your car if that is safer, until we can allow access again.
- I am in a vulnerable / at risk group - do I get priority access?
If you are in a vulnerable/at risk group we encourage you to check how busy The Mall is ahead of your visit– for information, please follow us on our Facebook and Twitter pages or contact us on 02088886667
The Mall is open to all guests, however access will be restricted if capacity is reached – if this is the case and you are in a vulnerable/at risk group, please make yourself known to the member of The Mall team at the door. If you are visiting a specific store, please contact them directly to check their policy.
- How are you keeping the public updated on any changes to how they use your centres?
Our latest measures, as well as information on accessibility and advise on visiting during non-peak times, will be available on centre websites and via social media channels.
- Have Capital & Regional staff been specially trained to manage this new way of shopping?
Yes, all staff have been through specific guidance/training to carry out their duties in the new way of working.
- What additional measures have you taken to make sure it is safe to shop in the centre?
During this difficult time we are placing the utmost importance on the health and safety of our guests, customers, and employees and have implemented a number of preventative measures throughout the centre since the outbreak of COVID-19. These include escalating the intensity and frequency of our cleaning procedures, providing instructional signage, deploying additional hand sanitisers and encouraging all our visitors and staff to practice good hygiene with regular hand washing. We remain diligent in our approach to the virus and are maintaining an ongoing dialogue with the local health authority as the situation evolves, while adhering to the latest official advice being provided.
There are many other measures in place which are explained in our short video: https://youtu.be/EPuiM43tlt8
- Will you be temperature checking guests and staff?
Checking the temperature of guests and staff is not part of the government guidelines which means we won’t be carrying out temperature checks on entry.
- Why is there a one-way system in place?
We have implemented a one-way system to make it easier for everyone to follow social distancing guidelines. Signs and barriers are in place to make it clear how you walk round the centre, and where you can cross-over. You should turn left when you exit stores and follow the routes which are simple to follow and provide easy access.
- Will there be a limit to how long I can spend in the centre?
No limits will be applied to the amount of time you are able to spend in the centre.
- How do I get into the centre - has this changed?
Access to the centre will be in line with the social distancing measures we have put in place. Please refer to the Map below.
For vehicle access, please visit https://www.themall.co.uk/wood-green/visiting/getting-here/
- Will there be any changes to the lifts?
Lifts will be in operation but subject to social distancing guidelines. We encourage single occupancy or household occupancy per lift. When you are considering using the lift, please prioritise space for pushchairs and disabled access.
- What are the centre opening hours?
The centre opening hours are the same as our usual opening hours, but please check with individual stores for details.
- Will the toilets and baby change and feeding facilities be open?
All toilet facilities will be open with social distancing measures in place. Signage will advise maximum occupancy for each facility.
- Will your play area be open?
The play area is currently closed in line with government guidance.
- Will there be seating in The Mall? I can't stand for long periods, what support is available to me in the centre and in the queue?
To enable social distance and prevent the spread of coronavirus, our seating has been temporarily removed. If there is a medical emergency or a guest is struggling, we will assist however we can.
- Is the Ask Me Point/Customer Service Desk open?
- Where is the nearest Collect +?
What stores are open?
A current list of the stores that are open can be found on this page https://www.themall.co.uk/wood-green/whats-hot/2020/open-stores/
- How do I know if every store is safe to visit?
The Mall Management team are working closely with all stores to ensure they are COVID Secure. Stores will display a certificate once satisfied that all measures are in place.
- Is cash being accepted at stores or will it be card payment only?
Please check with our individual retailers however, we expect many shops to accept card payment only and you should be prepared to pay by card.
- Do I have to queue for each store?
Due to restrictions in capacity within the stores, queuing to enter a number of stores is possible.
- How can I find out the most up to date store information, and details of store opening times?
Please take a look at the following page https://www.themall.co.uk/wood-green/whats-hot/2020/coronavirus-information/ which provides the most up to date information on stores, coffee shops and food outlets that are open. This page will be updated regularly, so please do check back and keep an eye on The Mall’s Instagram @mallwoodgreen, Facebook @themall.woodgreen and Twitter @MallWoodGreen for the latest updates.
- Which coffee shops and restaurants are open for take away?
Please take a look at the following page https://www.themall.co.uk/wood-green/whats-hot/2020/open-stores/ which provides the most up to date information on stores, coffee shops and food outlets that are open. This page will be updated regularly, so please do check back and keep an eye on The Mall’s Instagram @mallwoodgreen, Facebook @themall.woodgreen and Twitter @MallWoodGreen for the latest updates.
- Your carpark has been free during the first lockdown, will that continue?
Our car parks have been free of charge during the lockdown when only essential stores and services have remained open. From early June all of our car parks have reverted to the normal charging tariffs.
- How can I pay for parking?
We ask you to use contactless payment methods wherever possible. Chip coins will be cleaned after every use.