Community Parking Season Tickets Available
14th Mar - 8th Apr
We have 40 monthly car parking season tickets available for business owners or people working within Waltham forest.
The hotly requested season tickets cost £60 for a 28 day period and the card holder can use the car park any time any day (within the stated opening times)
Cards are available on a first come basis and open to business holders and employees within Waltham forest.
For further information please call 020 8509 0016 or visit our mall management office.
Customers must apply in person at The Mall management office’s Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (drivers licence and proof of workplace is required)
General T’s & C’s
The season ticket is the property of The Mall Limited Partnership to whom it should be returned when the vehicle is disposed of, or otherwise ceases to operate.
Season ticket holders may apply for a duplicate if the season ticket is lost, stolen, or accidentally defaced but a £10 charge will apply.
Cards are issued on a first come first served basis
Season ticket is issued in person from our mall management office
Driving licence required and to be shown on application
Only one card per household
Only the named person and registered car holder can use the card
Vehicles should be parked in an appropriate parking space during car parking opening hours.
A season ticket is valid for 28 days. Responsibility for for renewal of the ticket rests with the holder.
The season ticket is valid in the following car park only: The Mall Walthamstow, 45 Selborne walk, Walthamstow, E17 7JR (Sat Nav: E17 7LT)
The issue of the season ticket holder does not guarantee the holder a parking space nor does it render the issuer subject to any liability in respect of loss or damage to any vehicle in a parking space or the contents or fittings of any such vehicle.
The permit has been issued subject to the conditions. If it appears that the vehicle has not been used in accordance with the conditions, The Mall reserves the right to revoke the season ticket.
Refunds on season tickets are not permitted.
THE COMPANY’S LIABILITIES
- a) In the absence of any negligence or other breach of these Terms by us, the use of the car park is entirely at your own risk. b) We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to your vehicle unless it is caused by our negligence or our breach of these Terms. c) We will not be responsible for any losses that are not foreseeable. Losses are foreseeable if they could be contemplated by both you and us at the time that your vehicle entered the car park. d) Nothing in these Terms excludes our liability for the death of or personal injury to anyone if it is caused by our negligence, or the negligence of one of our employees.
SECURING YOUR VEHICLE
Before you leave your vehicle please ensure:- a) That your vehicle is securely locked and the windows securely closed; b) That the handbrake is applied; c) If your vehicle is fitted with a steering wheel lock or similar device, that it is engaged; and d) That no person or animal is left in your vehicle.
- a) Wherever possible please take your possessions with you when you leave your vehicle. b) If you leave possessions in your vehicle please leave them locked in the boot to ensure that they are not visible from the outside. c) It is your responsibility to ensure that you have appropriate car insurance in place before you enter the car park.
SAFETY IN THE CAR PARK
- a) You must drive carefully in the car park and obey all directional signs and speed limits. b) Once you have parked your vehicle please make your way to the nearest exit, and beware of moving vehicles. c) Children must not play in the car park and must not be left unaccompanied. d) You must make sure that your vehicle is parked fully within a parking space. Please do not park your vehicle over more than one parking space. e) You must comply with all instructions or requests given by any of our employees, or anyone who we have authorised to act for us, for controlling traffic and the positioning of vehicles within the car park. f) All animals must be kept on a lead when outside a vehicle.
COURTESY TO OTHER CUSTOMERS
You must only park in a disabled parking space if you have a disabled badge. If you do park in a disabled parking space, you must ensure that your disabled badge is displayed on the windscreen of your vehicle at all times.
You must only park in a family parking space if you have young children.
DAMAGE TO OTHER VEHICLES OR PROPERTY WITHIN THE CAR PARK
If you damage another vehicle or any property or structure within the car park, you will be liable and you must tell one of our employees as soon as possible. b) If you damage another vehicle, you will be asked to give one of our employees the registration number of both vehicles, your full name and address and the name and address of your vehicles’ insurance company, together with your policy number. c) If you damage any property or structure within the car park, you may be required to repair the damage (to our reasonable satisfaction), or to pay the reasonable costs that we have to pay to repair the damage.
Vehicles cannot be towed or pushed into the car park. The only way that vehicles are allowed to enter into the car park is by being driven in. b) You are not allowed to carry out or authorise anyone else to carry out any work, maintenance or repairs to your vehicle whilst it is in the car park. c) You are not allowed to wash or clean or authorise anyone else to wash or clean your vehicle whilst it is in the car park. d) You are not allowed to sell or hire out your vehicle, or do anything which is connected with the sale or hire of your vehicle, whilst it is in the car park. e) You are not allowed to park your vehicle anywhere that could cause obstruction to other car park users, whether this be by blocking the entrance/exit or by causing an obstruction inside the car park. f) You are not allowed to do anything in the car park which may annoy other users of the car park, or which may cause offence or inconvenience to us or any other user of the car park. g) You are only allowed to park in the parking spaces which we have marked as being for customer use. h) You are not allowed to park in a parking space that has been reserved for somebody else. i) You are not allowed to dispose of any items or drop litter in the car park. Please place any rubbish/litter in the bins that are provided. j) Please do not leave shopping trolleys in the car park. k) You are not allowed to pour petrol, or any other fuel, into your vehicle whilst it is in the car park. You are also not allowed to take petrol, or any other fuel, out of your vehicle whilst it is in the car park. l) Smoking is forbidden within both the car park and the immediate vicinity of the car park m) You must not do anything in the car park which would be a breach of the law.
MOVING AND RELOCATION OF VEHICLES
- a) If we, or anyone who we have authorised to act for us, think that your vehicle is causing an obstruction in the car park, or that your vehicle is not parked in the most efficient way, we will contact the relevant authority to request that your vehicle is removed. b) If part of, or the whole car park has to be closed (either permanently or temporarily), or if the car park has to be evacuated, either in the case of an emergency or for other reasons, we have the right to refuse access to the car park. c) If reasonably requested to do so by us, any of our employees or anyone who we have authorised to act for us, you must leave the ignition, boot, door and alarm keys to your vehicle with a person authorised by us to hold such keys.
- a) Your ticket is specific to your vehicle and is non-transferable. b) A ticket does not entitle you to any particular space in the car park, unless you are told otherwise. Your ticket also does not give you priority over any other user of the car park. c) Although we issue your ticket to you, all tickets belong to the Company. d) If you cannot show us your parking ticket, you may not be allowed to leave the car park until we have identified the reason for this. You may therefore have to wait some time before you are allowed to leave the car park if you cannot show us your ticket. e) If you do not have your parking ticket with you when you leave the car park, you will have to pay the full daily tariff for each day that your vehicle was left in the car park.
The prices for using the car park will be displayed on tariff boards within the car park and may be changed by us from time to time. Unless you have a season ticket or a parking permit, you will be charged for the length of time that your vehicle remains in the car park at the prices shown on the tariff board.
- a) If you have not paid the charges that you owe us we will write to you at the last known address of the registered keeper of your vehicle. b) If you still do not pay any charges that you owe us following the receipt of our notice, we reserve the right to take action through the courts to recover the unpaid charges and any reasonable related legal costs.
- a) If it appears that your vehicle has been abandoned in our car park, we have the right to contact the relevant authorities to request that your vehicle is removed. b) Before we do so, we will write to you to let you know that we have contacted the relevant authority to request that they do so. We will send our letter to the last known address of the registered keeper of your vehicle.
AUTOMATIC NUMBER PLATE RECOGNITION
We use automatic number plate recognition to enable us to identify season tickets Card holders. In the event that the automatic number plate recognition does not work, please use your Parking Card to enter and exit the car park.
If you park your vehicle in the car park, but do not comply with or breach these Terms we may issue you with a penalty charge notice. In addition we reserve the right to refuse you entry to our car parks in the future.
If your vehicle is damaged whilst it is in the car park, or if you lose your vehicle or any of your possessions from your vehicle whilst it is in the car park, you should tell one of our employees as soon as possible and provide written notice to The Mall Limited Partnership, The Mall Walthamstow. 45 Selborne walk, London, E17 7JR
Every person who enters into an agreement with us for the parking of a vehicle at this car park whether by purchasing a ticket or otherwise does so on behalf of themselves and all other persons who have legal rights in the vehicle and any of its contents.
If you are not satisfied with the way that we handle any matter and you wish to take court proceedings, you must do so within the English courts. The court will apply the laws of England and Wales.