11 Fun Ideas for this Half Term
14th Feb - 20th Feb
Check out these great activities to do this half term!
1) Pizza making this is a great activity – from making the dough to picking the toppings and the best bit you get to eat it afterwards. Click here for a great recipe and if you need ingredients Iceland deliver
2) Poohsticks – sometimes it good to get back to basic. This simple game may be played on any bridge over running water and Maidstone has some great spots. Each player drops a stick on the upstream side of a bridge and the one whose stick first appears on the downstream side is the winner.
3) Crafts, The Works has some great craft for children and adults alike so whether you like the idea of Harry Potter Crocheting, Slime making or lip gloss making there is definitely something for everyone. There is free delivery on orders £30 or more. The perfect excuse to stock up on school supplies too. The Works
4) Draw Hogwarts- You heard us right! This brilliant video will help you step by step to draw the castle we all know and love. Follow it here (Credit to Lulu Hyuga) or search Kids YouTube, here's another popular one, how to draw AMONG US
5) Homemade postcards - How about colouring, drawing or decorates your own postcard for that personal touch. You could always cut a cereal box down to size and decorate. Then put the address and pop it in the post. You never know you might get one back!
6) Get out and about - When you go for your daily exercise why not add a fun element like seeing how many birds’ nests or squirrels you can see. Or take it in turns to come up with silly walks or even mark the gardens you pass out of 10…just don’t tell the owners.
8) Get Coloring - The Malls Monster Friends club has lots of colouring and activities find it here
9) Bird feeders - Creation Station have come to the rescue again with not just one simple bird feeder video but two! And it’s all using things you probably have at home already.
10) Get the kids in to gardening week, check out these great mini gardens to keep the children busy. They are perfect for indoor or outdoor gardeners. We think they will look great on a windowsill and we are loving the dino one! Check out the whole range here.
11) Out and about - There are lots of great places in and around Maidstone to explore. One of our favourites is Mote Park, you can pop there for a walk or bike ride. It’s perfect for a picnic or for those more adventurous, there are lots of outdoor activities for the whole family. Choose from Sky Trail, Climbing Wall and Segway Terrain, and finish off your visit with a fun 9 holes of Dino Golf. Click here for more details