Diwali in Luton - 30th October
The Mall Luton is proud to support Diwali in Luton this October.
The festival will take place on Saturday 30th October at St George’s Square from 12-7:30pm and is free to attend.
We are excited to share that the line-up this year features a range of fantastic acts including cultural music, dance, and a spectacular miniature parade. There will also be traditional food and drink available.
The event will be concluded with a dramatic firework display from the rooftop of The Mall.
The full line-up for the day is as follows:
- 12pm: Kajal and Gillie - Lyca radio hosts and DJ will open the show
- 1.15pm: Next Generation Youth Theatre – a local theatre and dance group
- 1.30pm: Olivia Lynn - British country singer and rising star from Luton
- 2.45pm: K’z Entertainment - Bollywood dancers
- 3.00pm: Swarni Arts - Garba Dance
- 3.30pm: Gevanni Hutton - The Voice UK Finalist 2020
- 4pm: JIYA - a fusion of Hindi and English music
- 5pm: Dhol Bhangra Smash Up - a fusion of mainstream western sounds with traditional bhangra beats, using the Indian dhol and dholak
- 5.30pm: Jaz Dhami - a talented British Indian singer-composer who combines Punjabi and Bollywood
The Mall will also be holding lantern workshops on 23rd and 30th October. The free workshops taking place in Melson Square (23rd) and the Atrium (30th) offer the opportunity to make lanterns that will be part of the parade finale on the 30th October.
For more information, please visit The Mall’s Facebook page.
To keep up to date with the latest on Diwali Luton visit: www.diwaliinluton.co.uk