Could you help beat Covid-19 in Luton?
Luton Council are recruiting an army of volunteers to take on the important role of community champions and help them get out key public health messages in order to help protect the town from Covid-19.
Communicating vital health messages and reaching everyone in the town is key to ensuring we all adopt the measures designed to keep us safe and stop the spread of the disease.
Would you be able to be a part of this?
So many of you took on important volunteer roles at the start of the pandemic and that level of support is still needed to continue the fight against this dreadful disease.
People from all walks of life are welcome to get involved. You may help run a small sports club, social group, frequent a pub or just have a wide circle of friends on social media. The plan is that by using these sorts of natural networks, local champions will be able to pass on and adapt where necessary, the central messages to suit different audiences. By doing this more people can be reached and can protect more lives and families.
Each champion will receive regular updates from the council on the key messages they want our communities to hear and guidance for people to follow to keep themselves and others safe. You will play a strategic role in protecting your family and friends by ensuring they get the right information, combatting some of the myths around Covid-19 and providing feedback and advice on useful ways you have been able to help others.
The council will provide tools and resources including important updates, key messages, social media posts, video scripts, poster templates, and infographics for the champions to share through their own networks.
If you speak another language that would be a huge bonus.
Once you are signed up as a champion you will get:
- Regular updates from the council on the latest situation with coronavirus in Luton.
- Key messages and updates that need to be communicated through Luton’s communities.
- FAQs to help with myth-busting about Covid-19.
- Suggested templates, video scripts, photo suggestions, social media post and other tools to assist with the dissemination of key messages.
- Frequent Zoom calls where all champions can share ideas and provide feedback from the community to the council to help us improve our communication and messaging.
- A single point of contact to discuss ideas, offer suggestions and ask questions.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Want to make a positive impact?
Sign up to be a Covid-19 community champion here.
The programme launches this September.
For more information on the Covid-19 community pages visit this page.