During this difficult time, we are placing the utmost importance on the health and safety of our guests, customers and employees, working within the confines of directions from the government. The centre remains open to allow our guests and the local community to benefit from the essential services, which remain open to the public.
So that all our guests can continue to safely benefit from these essential services please adhere to the government’s guidance on social distancing to reduce social interaction between people and help reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Do not enter the centre if you are experiencing any of the COVID19 symptoms
- Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from all other members of the public
- Strictly observe the stores’ social distancing measures as instructed by their staff
- Please respect and follow the instructions outlined by our retail stores and centre security team
We continue to implement a number of preventative measures, which we have since the outbreak of COVID-19, including escalating the intensity and frequency of our cleaning procedures, providing instructional signage and encouraging all our visitors and staff to practice good hygiene with regular hand washing.
We are maintaining an ongoing dialogue with the local health authority as the situation evolves, while monitoring the latest official advice being provided.
Your ongoing support and understanding is very much appreciated as we work together to safely get through this challenging situation.
Current stores open (updated 30th March 2020):
- Boots & Boots Pharmacy (open 10am - 4pm Mon - Sun)
- Superdrug (open Mon - Sat 10.00am - 4.30pm, pharamacy closed from 1-2pm each day)
- Tesco (open 7am - 6pm Monday to Saturday and 10am - 4pm on Sunday (9am for NHS workers))
- Arndale House - NHS services by appointment only
- The Post Office / WH Smith (9am - 3pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 12.30pm on Saturday, closed on Sunday)
- Halifax (open 10am - 2pm weekdays only)
- Holland and Barrett (9am - 4pm Monday - Saturday and 10am - 4pm Sundays)
- Poundland (both open 8am - 4pm Mon - Sat and 10am - 4pm on Sundays)
- Wilko (9am - 5pm and 10am - 4pm Sunday)
- Vision Express (10am - 4pm Tues - Sat only - emergency and essential appointments)
- Delikatesy Smaczek (accessed via George Street)
- Farm Foods (accessed via George Street)
- Don Millers (accessed via George Street)
Please note in order to support key workers and those who need to use their cars to access essential services, our car park will be accessible free of charge until further notice.
There will be no need to use the car park pay machines, a measure which reduces possible exposure to the virus while also helping to reduce some of the financial burden on key workers and guests during this difficult time.
In line with the government guidance the centre remains open to allow our guests and the local community to benefit from the essential services, which remain open to the public and for use by local key workers.
Please note Market Car Park is now closed until further notice. Central Car Park and Library Car Parks remain open.
The only pedestrian entrances currently open are Smith's Lane (by Creams on George Street), Bute Street (by Halifax) and Silver Street (entrance nearest the train station).