Vampire facials? Kitty Litter face mask? Celebrities do crazy things for glowing skin and perfected make up! Luckily, you don’t have to look much further than our list of miracle products, pulled from a number of our favourite stores in the Mall!
Whilst these products are important, it’s vital to keep yourself healthy and strong as you age. With these simple steps, you will naturally find yourself ageing slower and projecting radiance:
- Quit Smoking! Smoke damages collagen and elastin found in the dermal layers, which provide elasticity to the skin. This leads to acceleration in sagging and wrinkling of the skin. A 2002 study found that smokers as young as 20 years old can display wrinkles under a microscope.
- Eat well! You are what you eat, literally. Eating the right food can do wonders for your appearance; your skin, face, figure, nails and hair. Physicians recommend eating a diet rich in antioxidants, such as colourful vegetables and cold-water fish like trout and salmon.
- Beware of the sun! Too much UV radiation can accelerate the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of ageing by destroying collagen and elastin. Affects on the skin by UV radiation is also known as photoaging and it lowers the body’s ability to produce new collagen to replace what was destroyed. (If you love sunbathing, drink green tea! It’s been proven to be a natural protector from sun damage).
- Lift weights! Ageing includes stooped posture and trembling limbs, all known as senile sarcopenia. Weight training can not only decreased effects, but actually reverse it! A 2004 Rutgers University study found that 45 minutes of resistance training three times a week for 12 weeks increase muscle fibre b y an average of 32% and strength by an average of 30%.
- Chill out! Chronic stress can have a serious affect on your ageing. Reducing stress also leads to better sleep, which in turn, reduces the appearance of age, like the wrinkles and the bags under the eyes.
These are good tips to stay young and with the help of our magnificent skin creams and make up essentials, you are good to go!